Information about the MaMassage® Scholarship Process and Deadline!
The MaMassage® Scholarship will be awarded once per year, to allow a new massage therapist to train in a valuable skill to serve pregnant clients better. Therapists with prenatal massage training can more safely serve their clients and educate communities about the benefits of massage for pregnancy. Massage therapists with prenatal training increase their employability and potential for serving a wider range of clients in private practice. The recipient of the scholarship will also show a commitment to serving the community through the work of prenatal massage.
Those who fit the following parameters may apply for the MaMassage® Scholarship:
– women, GNC and non-binary folks to the front
– BIPOC to the front
– MT’s who are about to graduate, recently graduated or licensed for less than 3 years
– those with a desire to create community and educate about massage for the childbearing period
– the recipient would need to be willing to allow a portion of their essay and their photo/bio to be put on the MaMassage® website
How to Apply for the MaMassage®: Scholarship Applicants will write a short essay that shows the following:
– WHY they want to learn to work with pregnant clients
– HOW they will take this work into their community in service/collaboration (other than practice building or employability)
– a 3-year timeline for career path including this work
– a genuine financial need (financial docs will not need to be submitted for verification)
– the essay can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How the MaMassage® Scholarship will be awarded:
Kiera Nagle, MA, LMT, the creator of MaMassage® has assembled a committee including previous MaMassage® alum and other colleagues in the field. Committee members will review the essays using a rubric which will use point values to assess the following criteria:
– the applicant’s clarity of vision (who they want to work with, why they want to work with them, HOW they will make it happen)
– uniqueness of proposal (how specialized is the population and what is their connection to it)
The applicant who accrues the most points from the rubric assessment will be the recipient of the scholarship.
2022 dates will be posted at the start of the year.
2020/2021 MaMassage® Scholarship Recipient Aly Franco
2019 MaMassage® Scholarship Winner Patrina Best
2018 MaMassage® Scholarship Winner Yahaira Paulino